DEPARTMENT OF HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT
The school of Hospitality Management is designed to equip students with knowledge and skills required in order to excel in the hotel and catering field. The training provided also helps in enhancing the managerial skills of students in this department.
- Produce professionals with firm academic and practical orientation in the hotel industry
- Allow students to develop competence in general hotel management
- Prepare students to effectively work as a; Front Office Officer, Guest Relations Officer, Reservation agents, Cashier, Night auditors
- Enable students learn how to plan cost and prepare a large variety of dishes
- Allow students to have a general overview of the cleaning and housekeeping operations in hotels, hospitals and institutions.
- Prepare students for supervisory responsibilities in food & beverage operations and the ability to carry out independent research in their respective discipline.
The hospitality industry is one of the world’s largest employers. There is a growing demand for hospitality graduates with the relevant skills and training. Graduates of this program can secure employment not only in the hoteling industry but also in the tourism, leisure and events management sectors.
|Diploma in Hospitality Management (Hotel and Catering)||18 Months||I.C.M||Fundamentals of the hotel and catering industry, Housekeeping and accommodation studies, Restaurant services, Front office operations and administration, Food and beverage management, Hotel and Catering Law, Hospitality Management, Marketing for hospitality and tourism, Cookery Skills FREE LANGUAGE (GERMAN/FRENCH)|
|Certificate in Pastry and Bakery||3 Months||MATI||Introduction, Equipment and tools, Hygiene, Health and safety, Cakes, Pastries, yeast products, preparation and baking of cakes, other cakes, cookies and biscuits, pastries, yeast products, Icing/decorating of cakes, Techniques, Themed cakes, Costing, Dessert|
|*PLEASE NOTE: THE TUTION FEE CHARGED TO ALL HOSPITALITY STUDENTS DOESN’T INCLUDE THE PRACTICAL REQUIREMENTS, WHICH ARE TO BE PURCHASED SEPARATELY BY THE STUDENTS; AS PER THE GUIDELINES ISSUED BY THE HOSPITALITY HEAD OF DEPARTMENT|
Food & Beverage manager
Executive house keeper
Front Officer personnel
Customer care officers
Education and training
Guests relations officers