DEPARTMENT OF HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT
The school of Hospitality Management is designed to equip students with knowledge and skills required in order to excel in the hotel and catering field. The training provided also helps in enhancing the managerial skills of students in this department.
- Produce professionals with firm academic and practical orientation in the hotel industry
- Allow students to develop competence in general hotel management
- Prepare students to effectively work as a; Front Office Officer, Guest Relations Officer, Reservation agents, Cashier, Night auditors
- Enable students learn how to plan cost and prepare a large variety of dishes
- Allow students to have a general overview of the cleaning and housekeeping operations in hotels, hospitals and institutions.
- Prepare students for supervisory responsibilities in food & beverage operations and the ability to carry out independent research in their respective discipline.
The hospitality industry is one of the world’s largest employers. There is a growing demand for hospitality graduates with the relevant skills and training. Graduates of this program can secure employment not only in the hoteling industry but also in the tourism, leisure and events management sectors.
|Diploma in Hospitality Management||6 Semesters||I.C.M||Prerequisite Units: Cookery Skills, Customer Service, Communication Skills & FREE FOREIGN LANGUAGE (GERMAN/FRENCH)|
|Certificate Units: Fundamentals of the Hotel and Catering Industry, Housekeeping and Accommodation Studies, Restaurant Service, Front Office Operations and Administration, Food and Beverage Management|
|Diploma Units: Hotel and Catering Law, Accounting, Purchasing and Cost Control, Human Resource in Hospitality, Hospitality Management, Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism,|
|Certificate in Pastry & Bakery||1 Semester||MATI||Introduction to Pastry & Bakery, Equipments & Tools, Hygiene, Health & Safety, Cakes, Pastries, Yeast Products, Preparation & Baking of Cakes, Other Cakes, Cookies & Biscuits, Pastries, Icing & Decoration of Cakes, Techniques, Themed Cakes, Costing, Desserts.|
Food & Beverage manager
Executive house keeper
Front Officer personnel
Customer care officers
Education and training
Guests relations officers