DEPARTMENT OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Information and communication technology is a vital resource to all sectors in the contemporary society. Both the private and public sectors rely on I.T since it involves collection, processing, storage and dissemination of data and information. The school of I.T trains theoretical, practical and technical aspects of I.T that are satisfactory towards helping one to support and manage information systems, including networks.
- To enhance an individual’s computer literacy, consequently increasing literacy levels in the country
- To empower learners with both theoretical and practical skills in I.T in an integrated manner, to help enhance their problem solving skills
- To enhance a learner’s analytical skills that will assist them in solving real-world solutions
- To give students practical skills that will help them create and manage I.T-based establishments.
- Enhance the productivity of professionals in different fields by helping them develop I.T skills which match their areas of specialization
The I.T sector is fast growing and cuts across all other sectors of the economy. The world is becoming a global field owing to advanced I.T products; as such, the field requires fresh talent to bring innovativeness required in the dynamic I.T market, making graduates with I.T skills highly sought after.
|Diploma in Computer science & Cyber Security
|Diploma in Computing & Information Systems (Level 4)
|Information Systems, Computer Programming, Information Systems Analysis and Design, Information Presentation and Analysis, Web Technologies and Communication Skills, Trade Project, Entrepreneurship
|Diploma in Computing & Information Systems (Level 5)
|Database Systems, Software Development, Information Systems Analysis and Design, Web Applications Development, E-Commerce Strategy.
|Diploma in Computing & Information Systems (Level 6)
|Software Engineering, Algorithm Design, and Analysis, Enterprise Architecture, Organizational Security, IT Project Management, Scalable Web, and e-Commerce.
|Computer Application Systems Course
|Introduction to ICT, Database Management, Presentation Tool, Desktop Publisher, File Management, ICT in Everyday Life, Information Networks, Spreadsheets, Internet & Communication, Word Processing.
|Certificate in Graphic Design
|Corel Draw, Adobe Page Maker, Adobe Photoshop, Topography, Cooperate Identity, Packaging Design, Illustration, Advertising
|Certificate in Programming & Web Design
Data entry clerk