DEPARTMENT OF JOURNALISM & MEDIA STUDIES
Journalists work in an environment where accuracy and professionalism are vital in creating and sustaining a reputation in a highly competitive industry. Journalism has developed immeasurably and the increasing demand for effective communication has encouraged the diversification of media and journalistic forms aided by the integration of modern technology.
- Provide students with an understanding of the role of different media in modern society
- Equip students with a thorough grounding in the role of a journalist
- Equip knowledge of specific media roles and skills
- Equip students with the skills to research, write and present effective copies
- Provide students with skills in presenting publication foo the market place
- Ensure students are aware of the legal environment in which the media operates
A program in Journalism and Media studies in our institution helps graduates to emerge with a strong subject-matter grounding that enables them to locate news events in their larger context, ask more informed questions, and to authoritatively evaluate claims made by sources. A student taking a journalism course at the institution may secure a career along three main areas; broadcasting, print and electronic media, or public relations and online media.
|Diploma in Journalism & Media Studies
|Broadcast Journalism, Newspaper Reporting, Sub-editing, Freelance & Feature Writing, Media Law & Ethics, Communication Skills.
|Certificate in Video Production
|Media Law & Ethics, Computer skills, Introduction to Media communication, Camera operation and Video editing
Correspondence and photojournalists
Online content mangers
Presenter – Radio and T.V
Sales and Marketing Officers
Public Relations officers
Event & Script writers