DEPARTMENT OF SHIPPING MANAGEMENT
The School provides knowledge and skills for the effective management and prosperity of Shipping & Logistics. The role is vital in analyzing change in technology, competition, size and complexity of shipping firms.
- Equips students with the knowledge & Skills necessary to secure jobs in the shipping industry.
- Prepare students with necessary shipping communication skills.
- Develops a student’s interpersonal, analytical and technical skills suited for the shipping environment.
- To stimulate students’ critical thinking and problem solving skills and thus promote entrepreneurial initiatives.
- To equip students with proper skills for planning, organizing, coordinating, motivating, staffing and controlling shipping enterprise activities.
The shipping & Logistics sector continues to grow and expand and therefore qualified graduates in the Clearing & Forwarding, Shipping Management, Shipping & Logistics fields will continually be required to service the needs of this crucial sector.
|Diploma in Clearing & Maritime Management||4 Semesters||ICM||Declaration and Port Procedures, International Trade and Transport, Maritime Operations, Maritime Economics, The Business of Shipping,, Communication Skills.|
|Diploma in Clearing, Shipping & Logistics (Level 4)||4 Semesters||ABMA||Mercantile and Shipping Practice, Principles of International Maritime Logistics, Principles of Shipping and Insurance Management, The Movement of Dangerous Goods, Overseas Trade Law, International Trade, Communication Skills|
|Diploma in Clearing, Shipping & Logistics (Level 5)||4 Semesters||ABMA||Management of Shipping Operations, International Marine Cargo Management, Management of the International Supply Chain and Logistics, Financial Aspects of Shipping, International Transport Geography.|
|Diploma in Clearing, Shipping & Logistics (Level 6)||4 Semesters||ABMA||Advanced Shipping Law, Advanced Marine Insurance and Salvage, The Economics of Maritime Operations, Maritime Safety and Security, International Maritime Transport Systems.|
Clearing & Forwarding Agent